The detritus of a Button Monkey

20 Mar

Moodle…continued

I have been playing with moodle for a while now. I am in the process of trying to get my work place to use it for training purposes. I have tried to upgrade the site to the latest version of the site but without much success.
Finally, I have found the solution! I do admit that I wasn’t looking for the solution directly. I have been having a strange backup problem. 3 of my courses have been stubbornly refusing to backup. Whilst looking into the backup problem, I found a couple of posts about my hosting provider, not all complimentary though I haven’t had a reason to complain. It seems that all I needed to do was add an extra line to the .htaccess file:
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
This has allowed me to seamlessly upgrade to version 1.7.1 and hopefully fix the backup problem which might be linked to php problems. More info tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© 2017 The detritus of a Button Monkey | Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)

Design by Your Index - Powered By Wordpress